Location and Visa Status
Wellington, NZ – Permanent Resident
Senior Frontend Developer exploring the latest web technologies. Full stack experience. Bachelor of Computer Engineering with strong background in Computer Science and extensive experience in developing the most diverse software projects.
- React & Next.js
- Node.js, REST APIs, GraphQL
- HTML5, CSS3, Tailwind, CSS-in-JS
- SQL, NoSQL, Postgres
- AWS Serverless, Azure DevOps
- Git goodness
- Jest, Playwright, Storybook
- Tech leadership and decision-making
- Self-management in remote work
- Autodidacticism & knowledge management
- Genius problem-solving abilities
- Delivers above and beyond the spec
- Great communication among tech and non-tech people
Senior Web Developer2022 – Present
The Co-operative Bank, Wellington – Everyday personal banking serving 175k+ customers.
Building an awesome Internet Banking experience for tens of thousands of daily users.
– Leading the rebuild of the new React Internet Banking platform from first principles.
Testing, Testing, Testing
– Unit testing with Jest; UI testing with Storybook; End-to-end testing with Playwright.
– Writing and maintaining build and deployment pipelines in Azure DevOps and Octopus Deploy.
– Commonly enabling coworkers to accelerare the output of the entire team.
– Jira for squad task management and Confluence for knowledge management.
Frontend Developer2020 – 2022
while and for, Auckland – Design and development of software solutions.
Engineering web applications from the ground up. Providing maintenance and developing new features.
– Built delightful UX in React; Designed complex app architecture and routing with Next.js.
Full Stack Engineering
– AWS Lambda; Database design with PostgreSQL and Hasura; Integration with 3rd-party services.
– Built modern, responsive and accessible UI from mock designs. TailwindCSS, Material-UI and more.
– Improved the codebase quality by pushing for the adoption of Typescript and ESLint.
– As a remote-first company, communication efficiency and self management are key.
Web Developer2018 – 2020
Virtua, Wellington – Website and App development for small businesses.
Running the business: sales, design, execution, maintenance and support.
– Understanding the client's desires, and using my expertise to give them the solutions they need.
– Implemented an efficient user feedback workflow using web annotations.
– Taught myself modern web development. From HTML and CSS to TypeScript and React.
Industrial Automation Engineer2011 – 2017
Petrobras, Brazil – Brazil's biggest company with over 50k employees is also one of the world's top 10 Oil companies.
Developed Instrumentation and Automation projects for over 30 offshore oil platforms.
Project Design and Development
– Developed dozens of industrial projects of all sizes and varying complexities.
– Completed over 20 Factory Acceptancy Tests, helping develop and improve test scenarios.
– Wrote, reviewed and translated project documentation and equipment datasheet.
Teamwork and Communication
– Experienced in both small and big, multidisciplinary teams. Able to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders such as plant operators, vendors, contractors, team leads and managers.
Software Development InternApr-Jun 2011
PoP-RN, Brazil – Internet Service Provider for Brazilian Universities.
Developed a Linux script for sending alarm reports to network administrators as mobile text messages.
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering)2006 – 2011
Major in Industrial Automation
Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) – Natal, Brazil
Computer Engineering Exchange Student Scholarship2009 – 2010
McMaster University – Hamilton, Canada
– English (Fluent), Portuguese (Native), Spanish (Intermediate)
– Permanent Resident