Location and Visa Status
Wellington, NZ – Permanent Resident
Senior Frontend Developer exploring the latest web technologies. Full stack experience. Bachelor of Computer Engineering with strong background in Computer Science and extensive experience in developing the most diverse software projects.
- React & Next.js
- Node.js, GraphQL, REST APIs
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, CSS-in-JS
- SQL, NoSQL, Postgres
- AWS Lambda, Serverless
- Git goodness
- Jest, Cypress, Storybook
- Self-management in remote work
- Autodidacticism & knowledge management
- Great teamwork and communication
- Genius problem-solving abilities
- Delivers above and beyond the spec
- Excellent technical writing
Frontend Developer2020 – Present
while and for, Auckland – Design and development of software solutions.
Engineering web applications from the ground up. Providing maintenance and developing new features.
– Built modern, responsive and accessible UI from mock designs. TailwindCSS, Material-UI and more.
– Built delightful UX in React; Designed complex app architecture and routing with Next.js.
– Improved the codebase quality by pushing for the adoption of Typescript and ESLint.
Full Stack Engineering
– AWS Lambda; Database design with PostgreSQL and Hasura; Integration with 3rd-party services.
– Unit testing with Jest; UI testing with Storybook; End-to-end testing with Cypress.
Agile Remote Work
– As a remote-first company, communication efficiency and task management are key.
Web Developer2018 – 2020
Virtua, Wellington – Website and App development for small businesses.
Running the business: sales, design, execution, maintenance and support.
– Understanding the client's desires, and using my expertise to give them the solutions they need.
– Implemented an efficient user feedback workflow using web annotations.
– Taught myself modern web development. From HTML and CSS to TypeScript and React.
Industrial Automation Engineer2011 – 2017
Petrobras, Brazil – Brazil's biggest company with over 50k employees is also one of the world's top 10 Oil companies.
Developed Instrumentation and Automation projects for over 30 offshore oil platforms.
Project Design and Development
– Developed dozens of industrial projects of all sizes and varying complexities.
– Completed over 20 Factory Acceptancy Tests, helping develop and improve test scenarios.
– Wrote, reviewed and translated project documentation and equipment datasheet.
Teamwork and Communication
– Experienced in both small and big, multidisciplinary teams. Able to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders such as plant operators, vendors, contractors, team leads and managers.
Software Development InternApr-Jun 2011
PoP-RN, Brazil – Internet Service Provider for Brazilian Universities.
Developed a Linux script for sending alarm reports to network administrators as mobile text messages.
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering)2006 – 2011
Major in Industrial Automation
Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) – Natal, Brazil
Computer Engineering Exchange Student Scholarship2009 – 2010
McMaster University – Hamilton, Canada
– English (Fluent), Portuguese (Native), Spanish (Intermediate)
– Permanent Resident